Monday, March 11, 2013

Conversations with Mother Darling

Because they're too just... all too real.

I'm sitting at my desk.  Phone rings.

Me: Yes?
Mom: Jens.  I need you to come in here.

I hang up and walk from my cubical to her office.  Her door is closed which usually signifies that some serious work is being done.  I open the door.

Me: Yeah?
Mom: Close the door.

I close the door and walk over to her desk.

Me: What's going on, what's wrong?
Mom: Nothing.

She hands me her iPhone.

Mom: Can you take a picture of my nails?
Me: You need me to take a picture of your nails.
Mom: Yeah, I need to send them to client who likes nail polish, so she can see what I had done.  You know, see how cool my color is.
Me: Alright.

She fans out her fingers, of both hands, on her desk.  I hold the phone up--

Mom: No, closer.

I go closer.

Mom: Closer

I go even closer.

Mom: Closer, like just the nail.
Me: You know I have *work I need to do (*this blog).
Mom: OK well you can go when you've gotten a good picture.

I take the picture.  I hand her back the phone, turn to head out and--

Mom: Wait, where'd the photo go?  Where did it zip too?

I turn back around and retrieve the photo for her.

Mom: OK, but where are my pictures?
Me: In your camera roll.
Mom: Where's my camera roll?
Me: I can't right now.
Mom: Can't you just--
Me: Mom. I'm actually working. (Which I actually was doing.)
Mom: OK, FINE.

Conversations like this usually happen at least 3x a day and range from online dating response crafting to basic copy/paste formatting issues.  Or we just shut the door and talk about everyone else in the office cause we're two girls and we love to gab!

No comments:

Post a Comment